It’s the most wonderful time of year, and once again we had the pleasure of celebrating the holidays with our most wonderful volunteers.
The centre’s staff prepared and served up a delicious traditional Christmas meal to the many generous and dedicated volunteers. They give so much of themselves in service to the centre, that it’s nice to be able to give something back and have some fun together.
With over 100 active volunteers, there’s certainly a lot to celebrate!
The Agapè Centre has volunteers in so many different capacities, and at this, our busiest time of year, we are especially grateful for all that they do:
- Soup kitchen volunteers help feed a hot and nutritious more than 100 people in the community daily.
- Food bank volunteers distribute food to about 30 families of various sizes every weekday.
- Sorting centre volunteers help keep the store stocked with great items
- Thrift store volunteers keep our customers coming back and supporting us. Sales have been AMAZING! And that is largely in part because of our incredible volunteers in both the sorting centre and thrift store
- Food sorting volunteers organize the thousands of donated food items that come in to the centre, so we can get that food to people in need.
- Christmas basket registration volunteers are working to register close to 1,300 families for their Christmas basket.
- Placement students help in all of the areas of the centre, and take part in specialized projects – like creating, conducting, and analyzing a client food bank survey.
- Board Members are volunteers too! And they help to guide the direction of the organization.
- Building Campaign team volunteers are out in the community working to raise the much needed funds to repair the building so we can continue to feed people.
Thank you to all those who came out on November 26 to celebrate with us. And to all those who were unable to attend – we missed you!
Visit our Facebook page to check out more of the photo booth fun we had with our incredible volunteers: