Summer Student Job Position: Cooking Class and Gardening Coordinator
- Delivery of our Curious Chefs program
- Delivery of our Around the Table program
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to establish and maintain the garden in conjunction with the volunteers.
- Develop and deliver a small program in conjunction with the Curious Chefs program that introduces children to the joys of gardening.
- Other tasks as required by Volunteer Coordinator/Operations Manager
- Relief work in Soup Kitchen/Food Bank on occasion
- Must love working with children of various ages.
- Experience leading groups of children.
- Ability to teach/instruct both children and adults in hands-on learning environment.
- Must have a passion for cooking and gardening.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Trustworthy, organized, flexible and have a positive attitude.
- Someone studying in the field of education would be an asset.
June 15th to August 7th
32 hours per week
Languages: English, French would be an asset
$15.00 per hour
Must be returning to studies full time in the fall.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Johanne Gauthier, Operations Manager at the Agapè Centre by bringing it to reception.
DEADLINE for applications: May 15th, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Click here for printable job posting: Cooking and Gardening Coordinator