The Agapè Centre is a non-profit organization governed by an all-volunteer board of directors and a professional staff. With a budget of close to $1 000 000 we rely solely on community donations, generous funders, individual donors and hundreds of volunteers.
The Agapè Centre is the largest food bank and community kitchen program in Cornwall, Ontario supporting over 1200 clients each month. We provide emergency food relief and clothes for those who need it most. In addition, we partner with local community organizations to address the issues we have locally.
The new Executive Director will be a proven leader with a history of success, an excellent communicator and a strong collaborator. The successful candidate will have a passion for serving the hungry consistent with the mission of the Agapè Centre.
The Executive Director needs to have great people skills and be comfortable with diverse populations including people who are homeless or going through difficult situations.
Specific skills include:
• 3-5 years of experience in planning and fundraising, managing staff, overseeing finances and working with boards
• experience in strategic planning
• demonstrated ability to lead an organization
• experience developing and overseeing a budget of $900 000 +
• successful experience in fundraising and grant writing from a variety of sources
• demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff and boards to foster teamwork
• strong listening, public speaking and writing skills in both official languages
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent post-secondary education, in business, social sciences and/ or extensive work experience in human relations, communications or business experience
Salary/benefits : Competitive salary and benefits package based on experience
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via e-mail to Jim Healey, Chair of the Board of Directors of the Agapè Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5:00 PM on June 24th, 2016. Upon receipt of your information, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your packet has been received. We thank all applicants and advise that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.