BECOME A HUNGER HERO!
You don’t need superpowers to be a superhero.
Every day the Agapè Centre serves a hot lunch to 100 or more hungry people in our community. For some, it’s their only hot meal of the day.
You can be a Hunger Hero by sponsoring that one meal.
Are your spidey senses tingling?
Assemble your team (capes optional). You can also choose to volunteer for the day in the community kitchen, helping to prepare and serve your sponsored meal.
This opportunity is a minimal time commitment and low cost, with big benefits for you and your business.
Minimal time commitment:
- One weekday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (if you choose to help prepare and serve). If you want to sponsor without volunteering, than all it will take is the time it takes to write a cheque, or call us with details.
- It will only cost your group $200 to fund a lunch that will feed 100-140 people. The Agapè Centre’s cook will plan the meal, and everything your team needs will be purchased for you.
Shazam! Benefits for your business:
- You will be thanked on our Facebook page on the day that you sponsor (with a picture of your group);
- You will be featured on our website as a Hunger Hero during the month your group sponsors the meal;
- A “Thank you to our Hunger Hero…” poster with details about your business will be posted for the week on the bulletin board in the reception area as well as in our volunteer and staff break room;
- A thank you poster will be posted in the dining room on the day your group sponsors the meal;
- Your colleagues will not soon forget this enriching, empowering, and fun team-building activity;
- You will feel like a superhero. You will see the tangible results of your day, feeding more than 100 people who otherwise may have gone without.
This exclusive opportunity which can have a direct impact on people in need in our community is limited to 4 Hunger Hero groups per month – only one each week.
To read more about what you can expect, take a look a the Kitchen Process document.
We are available to answer any of your questions or concerns, and would be happy to meet with you.